Friday, November 19, 2010

What heat setting to use when curling hair with a straightening iron?

I've been trying to curl my hair with straighteners for god knows how long and it never seems to work that well :( I've found out that I was trying to curl too much hair at once (ie: my sections were too big) but it still won't work :( So what heat setting should I use? On my straighteners, I have 5 settings; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Because the videos I've watched on youtube of people curling their hair with straighteners have like steam coming off their hair! I thought that was really bad for your hair so I've always used like setting two or three. Should I perhaps use 5 or something? Does the amount of heat effect what the curl looks like?What heat setting to use when curling hair with a straightening iron?
each iron differs in temperature. Ceramic ones are best for your hair and don't do as much damage, (ex. CHI, or AMIKA ) and then it depends how thick your hair is.

tie your hair in a pony-tail,

if its the size of a dime, you have thin hair,

if its the size of a quarter, you hav normal hair,

if its a toonie/loonie or bigger, than you have thick hair.

the thicker your hair is, use a higher setting.



don't make it too hot, or use it often. and make sure to get a heat protectant, for about $5



good luck ! hope i helped =)What heat setting to use when curling hair with a straightening iron?
Use this heat protectant, http://www.beautychoice.com/products/Ret鈥?/a>



and use 4 or 5.



DO NOT use hairspray. it will damage your hair. Use hairspray after.

No comments:

Post a Comment