Friday, November 19, 2010

How would you style your hair like this (pics included)?

My hair naturally lies flat and I don't have to straighten it to get it that way. Because of this, I've never really styled my hair with a curling iron and were straight hairstyles instead. My hair a few inches past my shoulders. I'd like to style my hair to give it some texture or wave and volume but I'm pretty clueless about it!



Two women whose hairstyle I really like are those of Sheryl Crow and Lauren Graham. How would I get my hair like this? I'm looking for a step by stress process like if you use a hair diffuser, mousse, gel, then the curling iron ect. Basically if you woke up one morning and were going to do your hair like this how would you do so. I heard to get her hair like that Sheryl has to use a ton of hair gels and mousse to get it like that and that it's quiet a process. What would a body perm or hair wave do for this style? I'm talk looser curls; not tight curls for a perm. Thanks for your help!



http://media.photobucket.com/image/sheryl%20crow/drifter_1870_1/sheryl%20crow/SHERYL_CROW_3.jpg?o=42



http://media.photobucket.com/image/lauren%20graham/OteytwydayZ/LaurenGraham.jpg?o=130



Sheryl's video with awesome hair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=233o3DL1DwEHow would you style your hair like this (pics included)?
1. make sure your hair is straight, dry and CLEAN... no product in it

(if you don't have naturally straight hair, you might want to straighten it with an iron first)

2. take a curling iron... maybe about 2'' thick

3. take hair spray or freeze spray and a small chunk of hair..

4. spray your chunk of hair

5. wrap that chunk of hair around the iron. your hair will sizzle... its normal

6. keep it around the iron for about i dunno 6-8 seconds depending on your thickness and length of hair

7. release hair from iron

8. repeat

this technique gives you more control over the size of your curls and volume as well

spray your head completely for a solid hold

if you have naturally wavy hair, you could try gel/mousse and a diffuser but you risk frizz

No comments:

Post a Comment