Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do i curl my hair with my hair type?

ok,



so i have thick, easily frizzy hair (like hermione granger's hair). and no matter what i do, i cannot curl it. my hair just doesn't curl AT ALL. i've tried curling my hair with a curling iron, and that's completely useless. i want to be able to style my hair with ringlets but it's just not possible. also, i'm new to styling my hair on an almost daily basis. and i've heard of diffusers, and i've seen what they look like, but i don't get how they work!

http://www.110220volts.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/px5.jpg

i mean, how does THAT curl your hair? helpful advice is greatly appreciated. thanks :)

- ClaireHow do i curl my hair with my hair type?
See, a diffuser is for people who already HAVE curly hair. It helps it keep the frizz down. You have to curl it with a straightener or curling iron. Or rollers.How do i curl my hair with my hair type?
If I were you... I'd probably use a hair straightener first, then wait a few hours, then go back and use a curling flat iron or hair curler to make the curls.

But that's not very proficient. Haha.
trying using a curling spray after you shower to tame your frizz (that also worked for me, try Bedhead's uptight curls spray! http://www.stuff4beauty.com/page/tigi-be鈥?/a> or if worse comes to worse you can straighten it and then curl it (although this may burn it and damage it) hope i helped!
This is how a diffuser works; I'm going to start from the beginning...



-During your shower, don't smother your hair with conditioner because you will be putting gel and mouse later... So condition your hair lightly or don't condition at all...

-Towel dry your hair from roots to ends.

- Add mouse evenly all over hair especially the bottom and ends. And the crown of your head.

-with the diffuser, bend over to so that your head is upside down and stick 6 inch long parts of your hair in the diffuser. I would section my hair in 4 parts and take turns diffusing each part.

-Before it drys up, add gel evenly to your hair.

-Use he diffuser again. This time, don't bend over, just do it by looking in the mirror. stick your hair in he diffuser and press the diffuser against ur scalp for a little o dry your hair. It will have a sort of wet look but it looks very pretty.



And for the curling iron, you need a very good curling iron, one hat goes up to number 20... Or about 400-500 degrees... Use a 1inch curling iron.

These are the steps;

-air dry hair after shower, no blow drying. you can blow dry you bang area to eliminate the frizzies in front. I hate those!

-starting at the back of your hair, tightly curl your hair using a fine tooth comb and curling iron.

-curl hair for about 15-30 seconds each section... I would curl 1 1/2 hair area at a time.

-Using 'Scruples Urban Potions Thermal Spray' or any strong hairspray, usually the cheap ones work well, spray the curls.

It will look fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment