Friday, November 19, 2010

Advice on curling hair and perms?

My hair is naturally quite dull it's very thin and fine and sits fairly straight with a few small waves.

When I straighten my hair it never stays straight no matter how long I spend on it and when it does go right I think it looks too plain.

However I love my hair when I curl it, I used to use curling irons but they've started to damage my hair.

Recently I've switched to overnight curlers but they are an almighty chore and even stop me sleeping.

I'm now considering a perm, I've seen one on 10 years younger that is loose so I won't look like a 60 year old woman.

I was just wondering whether perming has any negative effects on your hair and whether anyone has a loose perm. Is it easy to maintain and do the curls stay good everyday?

Thanks for any help.

xAdvice on curling hair and perms?
a perm works good for the first few months, if you consistantly use products. I got a perm....i didnt work for me. It ruined my hair.Advice on curling hair and perms?
Getting chemical perms and straighteners give you a bigger risk of getting cancer. You can try a repairing serum or mask to continue styling but don't get a perm if you care more about your health
I haven't had a perm for a couple of years - but when I did I found that as long as I used a de-frizz curl enhancer type spray every time I washed, my hair looked great whether I blow dried it or just let it dry on its own or styled it.

Get your ends trimmed after the perm to remove any splits or damaged hair and you should have really nice hair for ages.

Fine hair IS much easier to perm and perms better than does thick hair and with a loose perm you reduce the chance of an afro by mistake!
ok well what i do for perfect waves/curls is i use tigi curl rock on my hair and then before i go to bed i put it into 2 plaits. i know this sounds like what a little girl would do but trust me it works!

but when you take it out don't brush it, just brush the top of your head.

good luck x
don't do it...I have really fine hair and perms were the worst thing I ever tried as your hair will break really easily
i had my hair permed wen i was 15...just loose it was hard to maintain but my hair is quite thick...if i didnt use mousse it would look frizzy and horrible...i said id never have it done again...but i did 5 years later and i had it curly 4 a week then started straightening it again but i still cant get it as strait as it was and its left my hair very dry and dull
The truth about perms is that they damage your hair. There is really just a 50/50 % chance that it will work. As a cosmetologist, i see perms that work out well and some that- well, don't. Some people don't

have the hair for that.



Therefore, You are way better off to just curl it and use a heat protectant spray and just curl it everyday.

[this is the best] http://www.folica.com/CHI_44_Iron_Gua_d2鈥?/a>



Good luck! :)


stick with the curling iron but use aussie sydney smooth heat protector/leave in conditioner. its my favorite product and i cannot live without it. it protects your hair from straigheners and stuff and makes it really soft. i dont suggest a perm. its too much to take care of and curling your hair gives you more control everyday over how big and loose you want them to be. also, you can always change it up to straigh hair if you want unlike with a perm. hope it helped =)
  • how to start dreads with short hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment